By the end of May, I returned to Noumea for another destination wedding photography. It was Valerie and Bruno’s wedding on a marathon day.
We started very early in the morning with the bride getting ready at the hair and make up artist’s salon, in the city, following by picking up the flowers just in a shop next door.
Valerie went to the City Hall driving the bridal car herself, which is really interesting because in the chaos of the traffic of a busy Saturday morning, we had to use the bus lane and what should have happened, happened: We got pulled over by the cops passing by… Very understanding, the boys, seeing a driver all dressed up in a wedding gown with hair and make up all geared up let us go.
The brief civil ceremony was celebrated by a family member and everything followed very quickly:
– Ceremony lasted around the 20 minutes mark
– quick photo session with families and guests after the Ceremony
– the couple drove the bridal car (a Mini Cooper coupe) to the private airport on the other side of town
– private jet to fly to Isle of Pines for a quick location session photography
– less than two hours later, we flew back to Noumea to board a catamaran and sail towards the ilot maitre, an island near by
– cocktails and finger food were served and we took some photos by the setting sun
– back on the mainland and time for a quick shower then heading to the reception where closest friends and families gathered around some more foods, drinks and good music.
Within one day, we went from land to the air and by the sea. That’s all the charms of a destination wedding that I really enjoy being part of and help to preserve their precious memories forever.